» Two years and many blogging mistakes later
Two years and many blogging mistakes later
Janine Ripper’s post reminded me that I have been here for over two years!
I completely forgot.
Its been a busy two weeks! I finally went for .me domain like I wanted to for such a long time. If you have been a reader here you might know the earlier name and for many reasons, I didn’t seem to like it. So I just went with my name and .me to follow it. After all, it is about me here!
And I went with Livefyre; something went wrong with importing the comments from the earlier platform I was using, so I shifted to WordPress for a week and then I am trying the Livefyre commenting system. The thing about Livefyre is that I really like the conversations it has to offer. Let’s hope it all goes well.
One thing goes unsaid. I have made a lot of mistakes throughout the journey. I absolutely had no idea what I was getting into and I had no knowledge. My first post was really terrible. I shudder a little when I look at it.
So here’s a little bit I wish I knew before I started blogging (My blogging mistakes)
- Not everyone is a guru : No offence meant. But I thought a lot (and I mean, a lot) of people were gurus. And I blindly followed what they said. Not everyone is a guru. Know the right ones. Don’t listen to EVERYone.
- Blogging takes time : I am probably the laziest blogger around. I blog when I want to and when I am absolutely free. Blogging needs time and a little bit effort.
- Know a few things : Knowing the basics will help. Domains, platforms, sharing, security and just the little bit of the technical stuff always helps.
- Just write : The solution to writer’s block is writing. Period. Writing will only help you get over it. Just write. And you will get better.
- Being big gun will not happen overnight : I still don’t know how to become a “big gun” blogger. But it will not happen on day one. It will take time.
- You are good : Don’t take crap when other people throw it at you. Just dodge it and keep blogging. Constructive criticism and crappiness are two different things.
- Blogging should be fun : Because if you are not having fun while doing it, why bother take the extra load?
Though this doesn’t cover the so many, many other mistakes I have made over the two years. I am sure I will make so many more in the coming years. But some things are certain. I will keep blogging.
Because I am still having fun! Are you?
And yes, dish out your blogging mistakes!